va-bssvpr-juvyr-hfvat-yncgbc-pbzchgre_eBRv-vV3y-fpnyrq.wct" alt="Work at Home Medical Coding Jobs with Health Information Associates" width="850" height="567" srcset="https://workathomemomrevolution.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/graphicstock-back-view-photo-of-young-woman-worker-sitting-in-office-while-using-laptop-computer_rOEi-iI3l-scaled.jpg 2560w, https://workathomemomrevolution.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/graphicstock-back-view-photo-of-young-woman-worker-sitting-in-office-while-using-laptop-computer_rOEi-iI3l-300x200.jpg 300w, https://workathomemomrevolution.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/graphicstock-back-view-photo-of-young-woman-worker-sitting-in-office-while-using-laptop-computer_rOEi-iI3l-1024x683.jpg 1024w, https://workathomemomrevolution.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/graphicstock-back-view-photo-of-young-woman-worker-sitting-in-office-while-using-laptop-computer_rOEi-iI3l-1536x1024.jpg 1536w, https://workathomemomrevolution.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/graphicstock-back-view-photo-of-young-woman-worker-sitting-in-office-while-using-laptop-computer_rOEi-iI3l-2048x1365.jpg 2048w" sizes="(max-width: 850px) 100vw, 850px">
Health Information Associates is hiring home-based medical coders in the U.S. These work at home medical coding jobs appear to be full-time opportunities.
As a home-based medical coder for HIA, you will be performing the following functions:
- Codes all requested Inpatient acute care records using the most accurate and appropriate ICD-10-CM/PCS, DRG assignment in accordance with coding guidelines.
- Abstracts, codes and assigns necessary demographic and clinical data elements required
- Uses 3M and/or TruCode encoder to ensure appropriate reimbursement and accurate DRG & MSDRG assignment.
- Writes appropriate, non-leading queries.
- Maintains quality and productivity according to client requirements.
- Completes all I-10 education as required within established deadlines.
- Commits to continually improving his/her coding skills by actively participating in all education sessions.
- Reports to the Coding Services Manager.
From the company:
“HIA provides all the upgrades: excellent salaries and benefits (including retirement, medical, and dental), continued education, laptops with encoders, sign-on bonuses, and an unmatched commitment to employees.”
Requirements (from the work-at-home job listing):
- RHIA, RHIT, and CCS
- Minimum 3 years inpatient coding experience in an acute care facility.
- I-10-CM/PCS proficient
- Computer proficiency, able to research coding questions and utilize HIA’s internal educational resources.
- High Speed Internet via Cable (no Satellite or wireless cell based)
- Independent, focused individual able to work remotely.
If interested in learning more about these home-based medical coding positions, please see the original work at home employment listing. Good luck!
Home-based medical coders make an excellent living, and most work from home! Learn more about training online for a work at home medical coding career!